Saturday, June 17, 2006

My Internet Experiences

.

My Internet Experiences

As technology developed, Internet has become extremely popular for many people all over the world. Now I’d like to describe about my Internet experiences to my blog visitors.

What are the causes that enable me to use Internet? How does it develop? The first time I began to access myself to the internet was in 2001 (Since I was in primary school, grade 6). During that time, there wasn’t many ISP or internet café (Net shop); besides, the cost of service charge was also expensive ($1/hr or $0.80/hr). I still remember when I first stepped my feet in the 1st net shop I’ve walked in, named Pacific Internet (near N.U), the café agent there giggled to me that “Ooh…! Jom! Kids come to play internet!” I was just only 11 at that time. I went to the net shop with my younger cousin (10 years old) to check and reply emails to from my aunt in the U.S and my uncle in Belgium who taught his son (my cousin) to use email. But nobody has ever taught me at all. I just noticed the process, what my cousin does, learnt from him, and then I started to practice by myself. As a result, I knew how to use email in MSN (hotmail) and Yahoo. I found out how to sign up on my own. Since then, my Internet knowledge began to develop gradually.

As the time goes by, aside from using email, in 2002 I learned how to send greeting cards by using 123greetings.com. Then I was interested in mIRC and joined channel Cambodia chat room in the nickname DeeDee. A year later, I used Yahoo Messenger to chat and I learned new things through that as well. At the same time, I used Google.com to search for cartoon pictures such as Tom & Jerry, PPG, Pooh and others. Moreover, I got to know lots of useful sites and started to browse them for my own sake like knowing about modern technology and international news. In 2004, I use the search engine on the internet to get extra information for my assignment for English school. After that period, in 2005 I began to build up my own site known as Blog in blogger.com under the guidance from my online brother (KhmerAK.com) and began to know how to download other stuffs to use on computer and crack some advantageous program, too. Until now, I am still working with my blog and getting to know more about the whole society and the world via internet.

This has been my Internet experiences since the time I first used the internet till now. It’s been 5 years, 2001-2006, I’ve improved a lot in both spiritual and physical part.

20 comments

Anonymous said...

Lolz, no comments. Just want to pose first. kidding

KEO Kalyan said...

yab morng! jeng kor post der! ok nway, thanks for ya comment here na!

Anonymous said...

Haha, can't help because I didn't read. But this one is after my poor reading you got score 90.00 point for
- The age gal can start experience with internet by ownself.
- The speed you progress.
- Nice experience to share
- Good organize of writing structure.
- Use internet for the right way, learn and develop own knowlege.
- But -1.00 for no one is perfect
lolz... need to improve by the time and circumstance.

ukmalen said...

Wov !! I think that u r a Cambodian girl new century.
Great>>>>> u chose this way for approve your chance is good Hehehe!!
U will be a better at IT, foraign language,and other>>>>>>>>>.....:)!

Dara said...

Hi DeeDee,
It was a long journey isn't it?
At lease you know how to use email at 11.Wow I started using email when I was 17 (shhhhhhy).
Do you really know how to crack software or just know how to apply the crack?
Anyway, nice blog! keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Hi oun toch, I am so proud that you can write a long text message here look like a native English writer. Because your English is very very excellence now. Moreover, when i red this story, it seems that a world genuis person story na... For me i can't do like that te...

Anonymous said...

Perhaps, you have to rephrase your sentence about craking software. If you really like cracking, Assembly should fit you.

Sopha said...

A good piece of writing and great experience ;).. I'm proud of u dear.. I wasn't good as you when I was in ur age.

Keep up the great job sweetie. :)

Anonymous said...

I was so suprised by you since you are the only genius girl who is young and experiece of the cyber world in Cambodia.

Random Blogger said...

u r an amazing gal, sis! keep your effort going! *hugz*

KEO Kalyan said...

anonmymours: oh thanks for scoring for ma piece of text la... haha! u're rite! no one is perfect! nufin's perfect... ;P

malen: yah! i am a kid-next-door na! thanks for ya comment here nway!

Star Dara: oh just crack for de license... but usually ma frn, DiDi, help me buy de prog- i need ;D

KEO Kalyan said...

Namhay: hey don say like dat ey! i cant be compared to dat te na!

singachea: thanks for ya comment here! yeah i kno there must be some errors cuz ma english is not very good at all.

Sisty sopha: oh thanks sist! no worry! i'll keep up my childish work ;D

Bro Viirak: oh thanks very much bro! u r my guidiance! if u don teach me everything, i may not be knowledgable like now te! trillion thanks n gratefulness to u bro! :)

Sisty Kalyan: oh yeah sist! i miss u so much...

KEO Kalyan said...

didi: oh titi i kno.. but just dunno wat word to use for dat... :D

Anonymous said...

Nothing, but "WOWW.."

KEO Kalyan said...

A hear wanna: ho a hear! long time since u back to vietnam oun toch never get ya comment sos! just now.. thanks..

pr: er.. can u tell me wat is Fulbright scholarship? i think i cant figure it out te... :-(

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. you can use email since 11 years old. Keep updating your blog.

Phearum said...

Hello, dee dee! when i open ur blog, it makes me interested! so good! happy make fr with u! phearum

KEO Kalyan said...

didi: nah... writing text is just ma fave thing to do when i am free or i think dat it's ma habit...

pr: oh that's ok.. talk to u more later if u hav more freetime...

vutha: oh yes thank u. i will...

phearum: oh thank u.. keep viewing my blog then cuz there'll be new apisode soon... ;D

Anonymous said...

Nak Gru ! you are so great ! wow i could not believe that you could do that since you were 11.

I was still a young kid with dirty face full of snot on my face from playing with the dust when i was 11.

I still played Video Game, without eating nor sleeping until my mother came to hit me.....

I still Leng Koup Vong Si Kao Sou with my flip flop that sometimes i lost them coming back home with bare foot..... then, i was hit again by mum cos of losing my flip...

Until now i still don't know how to use it well :( that is my fault.

Pi TARZAN

KEO Kalyan said...

Innariddh: hey don say like dat. De words u says is incredible and i bet no one believes u te! don be kidding me...

 

Followers

Me, Myself and I

My photo
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Me? I knew nothin' about myself besides living with smiles and be cheerful cuz i dunno how long my life could last!